Below you can find the recommended configuration for Android devices you will use as digital signage players. As you can get many types of Android devices to serve the Android digital signage, we have gathered for you an optimal recommended Android device configuration that would work optimally for most of your sites. The main parameters to set on the Android device are date and time, notifications and updates. This is a live document which is based on our partners’ experience in the field, so it will be updated as we go on. Please send us any feedback and recommendations on the below so we can keep improving it.
On the Android settings:
- Set the “Wi-Fi” network or LAN network.
- Under “Date & Time” set the “Select time zone” to your time zone.
- Check the “Automatic date & time” and the “Automatic time zone”.
- Under “Display” set the “Sleep” to “Never”.
- If this is Minix Neo X7 (the 16GB box) or the Minix Neo X7 mini (the 8GB box), then under “Display” uncheck the “Auto hide systembar”.
- Under “Security” check the “Unknown sources” checkbox.
- In case you would like to display your digital signage in portrait mode, you need that your signage player will support screen rotation. Please read this article about screen rotation.
- Under “Accounts”, set a Gmail account (new or existing) to be used in the Google Play store later.
- Set it to auto update by this: click the menu icon in the top right corner -> “Settings” -> “Auto-update apps” -> “Do not auto-update apps” (if you like, you can set it to “Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only”, but it is not recommended).
- Search for “NoviSign Digital Signage” player application (has a black monitor icon; you can just search for “novisign”) and install it.
On the NoviSign player app:
- Access the Settings page by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Go back one page.
- Check the “Start player automatically on device startup” checkbox.
- In the textbox, type the key of the playlist which you already created and press the “Go” button.
- The playlist will start running.
After validating that the playlist is running ok without any error:
- Access the Settings page by clicking the cog icon in the top right corner.
- Change the “Display Notifications” (under the “Display” block) to off.
- If your Android player is in our recommended Android hardware list, please check out that page, to know if you need to change any of the other settings, according the device brand and model.
- If you have installed any other application on the player and it is not necessary – please uninstall it. Sometimes other installed apps might affect the UI and prevent from the NoviSign app to start running the playlist after the device has just booted up.
- Before running the NoviSign player application, close any other running application.
- Run the application again.
Please notice: You might need to change some settings, either now or in the future, in order to have better performance or to overcome possible obstacles. One good example is the “Video To Video Transition”, which on some devices the “Auto/Performance” default chosen option will not function well, so you’ll have to change it to one of the other options or to “Disable” (in case of Minix Neo X7, Minix Neo X7 mini, Minix Neo X5 mini and MK808, you’ll have to change this setting to “High Compatibility”). Another one is in case of dual core Android player (only some of them such as MK808): in that case, if you run RSS feed, you better set the setting “Accelerate Text Animations” to off, so the playlist won’t get stuck after few hours. Here is a link to the quick reference for the native Android app settings.
* If you like to see the installation manual of the Air (Windows) player app, click here.
* If you like to see the installation manual of the native Windows player app, click here.
* If you like to see the installation manual of the Chromebox player app, click here.