Digital Signage is bringing a direct and clear value to a business at almost any size. We believe this is clear to everyone these days. The ‘New Generation’ of digital signage that combines interactive capabilities and social networks is becoming a critical tool for customer/visitor engagement for businesses at every domain and non-profit organization such as educational institutions and public places.
While every digital signage implementation is different and every customer has his own special needs, we can probably define some essential criteria for comparison:
- Pricing and payments: price per player, price per feature, payment flexibly (annual, monthly, local hosting), payment method (bank transfer, Paypal, etc.)
- Simplicity of implementation and operation: required specialists, online training, simplicity of the player, simplicity of CMS
- Supporting H/W and operating systems: Android, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, iOS, Special H/W demands
- Support and services: Ability to influence the roadmap, development agility, support (online, phone, person on-site), professional services
- Features: basic (text, images, videos, screen allocation, preview, rolling text), widgets (clock, countdown, weather, etc.), live feeds (RSS, YouTube, etc.), social (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Yammer, etc.), interactive (gaming, polls, coupons)
It is clear that the weight of each of element mentioned above differs between projects and customers and the ideal combination will always be challenging. Having said that, we, at NoviSign, strive to bring the best money value for our customers.
We took 10 companies that have online digital signage which can run on Chrome OS (the hottest thing in the digital signage these days). We checked their website for pricing and features on the 28th of January 2016. Below is what we have discovered.
|Price per Month/Year (USD)||Payment Terms||OS Player Support||Social Widgets||Free Support|
|NoviSign||20$ / 216$||monthly/annual||Android, Windows, Chrome OS||yes||mail & phone|
|Company 1||N/A / 270$||annual only||Windows, Chrome OS||no||mail & chat|
|Company 2||N/A / 349$||annual only||Windows, Chrome OS||no||phone only|
|Company 3||39$ / 468$||monthly/annual||Android, Chrome OS||no||mail only|
|Company 4||139$ / 1668$||monthly/annual||Android, Chrome OS||no||mail & phone|
|Company 5||159$ / 1716$||monthly/annual||Android, Windows, Chrome OS||yes||mail only|
|Company 6||?||no pricing info on the website||Chrome OS||no||?|
|Company 7||?||no pricing info on the website||Android, Windows, Chrome OS||no||?|
|Company 8||?||no pricing info on the website||Chrome OS||no||?|
|Company 9||?||no pricing info on the website||Windows, Chrome OS||no||yes|
|Company 10||?||no pricing info on the website||Chrome OS||?||?|
Companies’ sites which were visited: Nutrislice, Enplug, Signage Live, WonderSign, HyperSign, Arreya, Stratos Media, Ayuda, 11 Giraffes, Skykit and Industry Weapon (the order of the companies listed here is not correlating to the table above).
There are lots of vendors that provide truly effective solutions for digital signage implementation, ranging from free, to hundreds of dollars per device per month.
The variety of features is quite impressive, though not many allow their customers to influence the future road map or offering professional services, including custom development.
Simplicity is a key factor, mainly for SMBs, while rich content and widgets are more important for larger customers. Social and interactive capabilities are rare in the market and considered to be highly innovative – showing great results for customer engagement.
We sincerely hope that the table will be helpful for whoever is set on staring digital signage project.
Good luck, we are here to support you!