Now that you have become a NoviSign partner following the partner program and maybe even a “white label” partner with your own subdomain (such as studio.yourdomain.com), logos, languages, links and customized Studio, we would like to provide you this quick start page to expose you to your new abilities and features.
First thing to mention is that you need to know that most of the training materials can be found at:
- Our training page, especially take a look at the lower section which is meant only for partners. You might want to alter and use in your website some of the manuals which are in the top of our training page (such as app installation manuals).
- Tips & tricks page.
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page.
- Our internal blogs: the tech blog, the Chrome blog and the digital signage general blog.
You have few modules to be used:
- The online Studio (app.novisign.com or a white label subdomain such as studio.yourdomain.com) – for users to upload their media files, create their content and broadcast it to their players.
- The monitoring & reports tool (reports.novisign.com or else in case of white label partner) – for users to remotely watch and monitor their players and produce a variety of reports. As a partner, in your managing account (you have only one managing account), you can also filter and see the reports of your users.
- The player app – this is the app which any user or you will install on the physical digital signage player which will be located in the venue. We have an app for Chrome OS, native app for Android, native app for Windows and Air app for Adobe Air. All the apps are also available as brandless apps for white label partners. Most of the content can also run within a browser, but that’s not ideal. Better run it in a dedicated signage app.
- The management console – this tool allows you to manage your users: you can create, edit and delete users. You can also allow users to self register to your digital signage white label Studio. From there, you also have access to the advertisement system module and ability to customize the Studio for your users by creating and assigning user profiles.
- The advertisement system – this module allows one user to send his content to another user’s screen based on advertisement channels. Imagine you have a neighborhood where you want the small businesses to get commercials from advertisers, you can do it with a couple of clicks!
Once you create a user (in the management console tool), you must understand the difference between user and the things you can define for the user:
* Regular user – this is the default. Each user without a license gets maximum file upload size of 16MB and 80MB storage. Once you assign it a license, the maximum file upload size increases to 100MB (and will increase in 100MB more for each additional license, but not more than 500MB). You can manually allocate it storage. The default we give for each licensed user is 500MB, but you can change it.
* Audit user – this user cannot publish new content without the content being approved (or disapproved) by up to 3 auditors (the auditors do not need to have a NoviSign account, only email address). You can decide that a user will be an audit user only when you create it. After the user already exists, you cannot change it from regular to audit or vice versa. Here is information about the audit user.
* Share only user – checking this checkbox prevents the user from creating his own content. In this case, the user will be able to edit only content which other user has shared with him (imagine a school secretary that only need to edit textual updates on someone else’s creative: you don’t want her to change anything, but the text itself). So, how do you share a widget within a creative of one user with another user? Here is how to do it.
* Licenses and storage – you can manage the licenses of your users, by assigning each user at least one license with a start date and set it a defined amount of storage. Here is how to manage your users’ storage.
* Restrict user by permissions – You can restrict any user from creating players or deleting elements in the Studio, by applying permissions on it. Here is how to set the users’ permissions.
Last thing: you should be aware to NoviSign new abilities which we develop constantly, such as using RFID reader, barcode reader, integration with face recognition software to trigger slides and collect stats and more to come.
For any issue, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com