This is where you send your content (playlist/s) to a media player. Screens in the “SCREENS” tab are supposed to represent screens in the real world. The page consists of four primary features (buttons located under the search textbox):
- New Screen: add new screen that you want to send content to.
- Edit: edit an existing screen.
- Delete: the screen from the system (this does not affect its chosen content).
- Duplicate: duplicate a screen.
Under the set of buttons is a table. In the upper right side of the table are one textbox (for searching), while in the upper left corner there is a down arrow right to the “My Screens” which allows you to navigate to the Configurations, Groups and Parameters:
- “Search”: search for a screen name.
- “Screens”: manage the content of the screens.
- “Groups”: send the same content to multiple screens all at once.
- “Configurations”: send a set of configured app settings to any screen
- “Parameters”: build a list of hierarchical keys/values to be used like data in your creatives (suing the label widget)
The table is broken down into categories:
- “Name”: name of the screen.
- “Description”: description of the screen – this could be location (better name your screens according to their location, so you’ll be able to know who is what and where, i.e. if you have a couple of screens in the University of Texas and one of them is in the cafeteria of the faculty of humanities, you can name it “Texas uni. – humanities cafe front”).
- “Group”: indicates if the screen belongs to a group of screens.
- “Config”: shows if there is a selected configuration which was applied on that screen.
- “Screen Link”: ability to live preview (in your browser) the content playing on the screen.
How to Send Content to One Screen:
- Select the “New Screen” blue button. Once selected, your screen should look like “Image 3.4”.
- Add a name for the new screen and fill the description of the display use.
- In the left pane, click the plus icon of any playlist which you wish to assign to this screen:
- To change the order of the playlists (a screen can have multiple playlists if you like), click and drag it to rearrange.
- To schedule a specific playlist to play, click the calendar icon.
- Press the “Create” button.
- Your screen will then take you back to the primary “SCREENS” tab.
- The Studio will update to look like “Image 3.6”.
- You can live to preview the content by clicking the screen link.
- You can copy the screen key (it’s a kind of ID) of the screen to your clipboard (in order to be sent by email) this way: Click the 3 dots left to any screen, then choose the “Copy Key” in the popup menu.
How to Send the Content to Multiple Screens:
- Select the screens that you would like to send the same content to all at once.
- Select the “Add to New Group” button.
- Type in “Group Name” and add “Description”.
- Press the “Add Playlist” button.
- Drag and drop the playlists (one or more) that you want that group of screens to play.
- Press the “Create” button.
- You are done! The content will update and begin playing on the screens in your group.
Make sure that you have added the Screen Key to each NoviSign app that is installed onto the media players or displays. The screen key is the ID of the app – this way the app knows who it is,and the Studio knows to send that signage device with that app, which has that unique ID, the content which you have assigned it, in your Studio.