The NoviSign application enables you to create and broadcast sophisticated and striking digital channels to engage your customers and to keep them instantly informed. You can choose to use the numerous formatting online tools to easily compose your digital channels, or you can store digital channels that already exist in NoviSign. The application includes several templates for easy preparation of these projects. Once you complete your digital projects, you can store them as playlists to be broadcast whenever you wish. In addition, playlists can be grouped together to manipulate multiple projects at once.
- Click here to download NoviSign user manual
- Click here to view step-by-step quick start training videos
The figure above depicts the broadcast flow through the Web of all NoviSign digital channels, comprising ads, notices, and campaigns.
There are four simple stages in the NoviSign application:
- Setting up Hardware for NoviSign
- Composing Digital Channels
- Creating Playlists
- Connecting to the Network
Setting up Hardware for NoviSign
1. Specifications for a screen and player
Choose an LED or LCD screen that will fit your space with HDMI or DVI video input.
You can use a Windows-based platform or Android-based platform as your player hardware device.
Android-based device option: Get an Android TV player such as the model below or one of the recommended players that can be found on our site:
Windows-based device option: Choose a mini PC with a Windows operation system. We have good experience with the Zotac model below, but another device with similar specifications would suit:
2. Connect the Player to:
3. Mount the screen on the wall
4. Mount the mini PC behind it.
Now you are ready to prepare your message.
Setting up NoviSign digital signage is quite simple from registration to the final published product.
1. Log in to NoviSign.com.
You must register. Registering offers you instant access to the NoviSign dashboard without any obligation. If you should decide to join the NoviSign family, you have free use of NoviSign services for evaluation or, after beginning use, for one month.
2. Click Sign Up.
The Sign Up window opens.
3. Sign Up procedure:
- a. Enter your email address. The email address is used as your user name.
- Select a password. The password must be composed of six letters or numbers.
- Your first and last names and your company name are optional.
- Check the box next to “I agree to the terms of service.” It is preferable to read the terms of service before checking the box.
- Click Join.
Note: Once you have signed up, every time you enter the NoviSign home page and sign in, you will be directed automatically to the NoviSign online Studio, directly to the My Creative screen.
The four main work areas of the Studio dashboard appear in the header, next to the NoviSign logo:
This is where you begin. Here you choose your layout and compose your digital channels with any of the many options NoviSign offers: video, images, YouTube, Flash, etc. This is also where you store individual images, videos, YouTube selections, etc.
This is where you store component sections of an ad campaign
This is where you keep an inventory of the playlists. Here, they are connected with the NoviSign cloud server for publishing. This is also where each playlist is given its unique identifying key.
You may want to group your playlists together to easily set up broadcasting of a group of players. For example, you can group all the players near the point of sale (POS). Drag a playlist to them once instead of assigning the playlist for each one of them separately.
In the NoviSign dashboard you can choose to compose individual slides, add videos, music, YouTube, Flash, etc., and aggregate them into playlists or Import already prepared slides or playlists.
1. Click the button.
The Template screen appears.
Here, you enter the project name and description, you determine the layout dimension, and you select the template you prefer.
2. You select the dimensions of the screen you prefer in the drop-down window next to the Template screen name.
Note: You have both landscape and portrait options. For example, the wide screen at 16:9 is landscape; that at 9:16 is portrait.
3. When done, click the Create button.
The Creative Composer screen appears.
The Creative Composer screen, your dashboard for creating the digital channel and its content, has three parts:
- Activity buttons in the left-hand pane
- The Editor (dashboard) where the digital channel is put together
- The Properties panel on the right
- In addition, clicking expands or shrinks the size of the Editor.
4. Go first to the panel on the right. If you did not give the digital channel a name in the Template screen, do so now. Otherwise, the name automatically appears under Creative Properties.
5. For background color, click the box next to Fill: under Creative Appearance.
The Fill properties window appears.
6. Select a color or colors.
The top row enables selecting:
- No color
- A solid color
- Various gradients
- To select a gradient, click on the gradient boxes that you prefer. In the diagram above, the third box has been selected.
- Click on the small box to the left under the color bar and select a color.
- Click on the small box to the right under the color bar and select a color.
In this example, there are two variants of blue, each displayed in the small boxes under the color bar. In addition, the opacity, which can be modified, is 100%.
You can view the background color of your digital channel in the Editor.
You are now set to add all the information to your digital channel. NoviSign offers a wide array of easily performed activities for creating a successful customer.
The array of activities are displayed in eleven buttons in the left-hand pane of the screen.
This user guide will illustrate only several of the options in the Activity array, as many of the activities follow the same principles.
8. Adding a logo
- Drag the Photo button onto the Editor to the location where you wish to place the logo.
A Choose media window opens.
- Click Upload.
- Navigate for the file on your computer and select it.
The Uploading Files window is displayed. Note Finished in the bottom left-hand corner.
- The Choose media window again appears but with the new uploaded image. The information about the image (type, date, and name) and a copy of the image are marked in gray. Click this gray line.
- The information is now marked in orange, and the logo appears in the box on the left side. Click OK or click again on the information line.
The logo appears on the Editor dashboard. You can now drag and drop the logo size it according to your preferences.
9. Adding a shape
- Drag the Shape button onto the Editor to the location where you wish to place the shape.
- Adjust the dimensions of the shape as you wish by dragging the circles in the corner to enlarge or shrink it or by dragging the squares to change the proportions.
Note: The Properties panel on the right has changed to Shape Properties, enabling you to select a number of different shapes.
- To fill the shape, repeat the same activity for adding color to the background. Click inside the box next to Fill: The Fill properties window opens. Select a color or a gradient.
10. Adding text
- Drag the Text button onto the Editor to the location where you wish to place the Text.
- Add text as you would in Microsoft Word.
Note: The Properties panel on the right has changed to Text Properties. You can select font, size, italic, bold, underline, color, and position, etc. In addition, you can cut, delete, copy, and paste.
- The text in the selected font, size, and style appears in the Editor.
11. Adding a slide show
- Drag the Slide Show button onto the Editor to the location where you wish to place the slide show
- If you wish, adjust the size of the slide show by dragging the circles (that change to arrows) in the corner to enlarge or shrink it or by dragging the squares to change the proportions.
- The Slide Show Properties panel opens on the right. Two buttons are especially important: the Add Image and the Add Video buttons.
- To add an image to the slide show, click the Add Image button.
The Choose Media window opens.
- Click Navigate to an image file on your computer.
- Select the file. Click Open (at the bottom of the window).
The Uploading files window opens with the selected image.
- Click Repeat the Upload process for every image you wish to include.
- To add the images to the slide show, again click the Add Image button. The Choose media window opens again with all the images you have selected.
- Click on each image. The image is displayed in the large box on the left and the information row is marked in orange. Click OK.
- The image is moved to the Slide Show Properties window.
- Click the Add Image button to display the Choose media window again. Repeat the process for adding images to the slide show.
Note: Once you have added an image to the Choose Media window, it is impossible to delete it.
Note: You can delete any of the slides in the Slide Show Properties by clicking
Duration: The default duration for each slide is 10 seconds. If you wish to change the duration of individual slides, wipe your cursor over the unit 10 and change the number.
If you wish, you can also add a frame to the slide show.
12. Adding a YouTube video
- Drag the YouTube button onto the Editor to the location where you wish to place the video.
- Size the video shape.
- NoviSign offers several default options. If, however, you wish to select a different video:
- Go to YouTube on the network.
- Search and find your video.
- Copy the URL path.
- Paste the URL path into the box marked URL in the YouTube Video panel on the right.
13. Adding RSS
- Drag the RSS button onto the Editor to the location where you wish to place the shape.
- Size the RSS shape
- Note: The RSS Properties window offers many activities to fine-tune the appearance of the RSS ticker.
- The default color is white. If you want to adjust the color:
- Click the box next to Fill:
The Fill Properties window opens.
- Select the color.
- Click the box next to Fill:
14. You have now added a logo, a slide show, a video, and an RSS scroll. To view the results, click
15. Once the digital channel meets your satisfaction, click
The new digital image now appears in the My Creative screen.
After you have created a number of digital channel images, you will want to collect them into a playlist so that they can be broadcast together.
1. Go to the My Creative screen.
2. Select the images you wish to add to a playlist.
The button is activated.
3. Click Add to New Playlist.
The New Playlist screen opens.
4. Enter a name and a description for the playlist in the boxes next to New Playlist.
- Note: You are now in the Playlists work area.
- You can view the playlist by clicking on the Play arrow in the small screen to the right.
5. If you wish to add another digital channel, click the button.
6. Click the button.
Note: This button is not activated until you enter a name for the playlist.
7. The My Playlist screen opens with the new digital channel.
Connecting to the Network
You have completed all the packaging stages. You must now connect to the network to broadcast!
The My Players screen opens.
1. Click the button
The New Player screen opens.
2. An image of the new playlist with its name appears among the playlists. Drag and drop the image to the space above the line.
The playlist is now selected.
3. Enter a name and description for the playlist in the boxes next to New Player. The button is activated.
4. Click Create.
5. The My Players screen opens with the new playlist marked in orange. The box next to the playlist is checked.
You are now ready to broadcast.
You can broadcast the digital channel in two ways:
- On the Web
- Through an Android player connected to the NoviSign application cloud.
Note: The URL marked in the figure above includes the location of the digital channel and its identifying key.
Broadcasting on the Web
1. If you choose to broadcast through Windows on the Web, install NoviSign player software on the mini PC ( + click this link, win-player, to download the Windows software for NoviSign).
2. Click on the URL marked in the figure above.
The gate to the NoviSign player appears on the screen. Click to begin to broadcast.
Broadcasting on an Android Player
you can use any Google Android device: a tablet, a phone, or Android TV.
1. Run the NoviSign Digital signage app installation from Google Player or from the link below. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.mobileplayer.novisign.com
After confirming the network access for the NoviSign application, the app is installed on the Android-based device and in few seconds you should get feedback that the Application was installed.
After installation, the NoviSign digital signage icon appears on the screen.
Click the icon to run the NoviSign application.
The first time, you run the NoviSign application, it will ask you to install Adobe Air.
2. If you do not have Adobe Air installed on your Android device, you will need to go to Google Player and download Adobe Air. Adobe Air will install.
3. Start the NoviSign player again.
An input box requests the screen identifier (screen key).
4. Click the menu button. Copy and paste the key from the My Players. screen
Note: For both the Web and Android player, the identifying key is only entered once.
5. If you check Run automatically, every time you open the software application, the playlist starts to play automatically.
Welcome to NoviSign Player! You can broadcast at will.
Note:The NoviSign player, which is now connected to the NoviSign server, will request your playlist for display. In the first round of displaying the playlist, as the app needs to download the media from the NoviSign Media server, there is often a time delay. After the first round, the app should run faster with almost no delay.