This article will explain you how to show a Google spreadsheet document (like a Microsoft Excel sheet) in your digital signage using our online Studio. If you need to show an Excel file, you better convert it into a Google spreadsheet and then follow the next procedure.
Here are the steps:
- Go to the Google Drive and create a new “Spreadsheet” document.
- Add your data to the spreadsheet.
- Share the spreadsheet with another Google account user.
- In the sharing dialogue, you should see the “Get shareable link” option. Click it.
- The link will appear below. Copy the link to the clipboard.
- In the NoviSign Studio, compose a new blended creative and drag a web page widget to the canvas.
- Set the URL property of the web page widget to the one which is in your clipboard (the shareable link from step 5).
- Set the “reload interval” property of the web page Widget to 1 or 2 minutes.
- In the player, when this creative is played for the first time, instead of showing you the spreadsheet, you should see Google account login page.
- Type the credentials of the user that you shared this spreadsheet with in step 3. If you want to save the frustrating typing with the popping-in-and-out-Android-keyboard, you better share the spreadsheet (in step 3) with the user which is defined on the Android device
- The player should ask if it can store the credentials. Choose yes. The credentials are stored in the browser of the device and NoviSign won’t have to obtain them again.