This article will explain you how to show a Google slideshow (also known as “slides presentation”, like a Microsoft PowerPoint slideshow) in your digital signage using our online Studio. If you need to show a PowerPoint file, you better convert it into a Google slides presentation and then follow the next procedure.
Here are the steps:
- Go to the Google Drive and create a new slides presentation.
- Add your text and images to the slideshow.
- You need to publish the presentation to the web, so click the “File” menu item.
- In the file menu, click the “Publish to the web…” option.
- You can set the slide duration to anything you like (the default is 3 seconds automatically).
- Check the “Start slideshow as soon as the player loads” checkbox and the “Restart the slideshow after the last slide” checkbox, so the presentation will auto start and keep cycling infinitely.
- Click the the “Published content & settings” to open it. Here you can choose to publish it to anyone or restrict it to the organization and so on.
- Press the “Publish” button.
- A link will now appear and will be highlighted. Press Ctrl + c to copy that link to the clipboard.
- In the NoviSign Studio, compose a new blended creative and drag a web page widget to the canvas.
- Set the URL property of the web page widget to the one which is in your clipboard (the shareable link from step 5).
- Make sure the “Reload interval” property of the web page widget is set “off”.
- In the player, if you didn’t publish it for everyone, but rather than that, you restricted the published slideshow to specific people or your organization, when this creative is played for the first time, instead of showing you the slideshow, you will see Google account login page.
- Type the credentials of the user that you restricted this slideshow with in step 7. In case of Android, if you want to save the frustrating typing with the popping-in-and-out-Android-keyboard, you better share the slideshow (in step 7) with the user which is defined on the Android device.
- The player should ask if it can store the credentials. Choose yes. The credentials are stored in the browser of the device and NoviSign won’t have to obtain them again.