If you’re looking for more information or a quote for digital kiosks, please contact us. We provide total solutions for digital kiosks and will make the discovery process for you easy, smooth and affordable.
If you’re looking for general information or to learn more about digital kiosks, please continue reading…
What is a digital kiosk?
A “digital kiosk” is a free-standing digital sign that can be deployed in high-traffic public areas. Digital signage kiosks are one of today most popular forms of “digital signage” due to the modern design and sleek look of digital kiosks. The applications that you can use digital kiosks are vast but highly effective.
Because a digital kiosk is free-standing, it enables for efficient and quick placements. Digital signage kiosks typically come with standard 1080P but can be upgraded to display 4K content.
Digital signage kiosks are commercial grade, built to run 24/7, and come with internal cooling systems that allow for a digital signage kiosk to run without overheating issues consistently.
Popular digital signage kiosks include 43”, 46” and 55”. The digital kiosks display can be positioned landscape or portrait.
How do I play media on a digital kiosk?
Using a digital kiosk, you can display any combination videos, images, promotional media, informational content, and more! The content playing on the digital kiosk can be either updated manually using a USB thumb drive or wirelessly from your computer using cloud-based digital signage software.
Cloud-updates are the most popular option for digital signage kiosk content management because:
- From anywhere you can update the digital kiosks content
- Centrally manage a single or hundred of digital kiosks content
- Make real-time instant updates to content
- Remotely preschedule content to play on specific days and time
- Stream live weather, news and social media feed
- Monitor the status of the digital kiosk content and status
What are the benefits of a digital kiosk?
Because digital kiosks are free-standing, the content being displayed is highly visible and can be easily seen at eye level. This makes digital kiosks one of the best forms to advertise and inform.
The average digital kiosk is 5’ high x 3’ w and the screen size ranges from 46” – 55” in a portrait orientation.
- Eliminates the need to print static signage
- Remotely change and update the digital kiosks content
- Long lasting with an average of 70,000 hours of usage
- Minimal technical setup
How do remotely manage the digital kiosks content?
To remotely manage your digital kiosks content you will need digital signage software that is web-based and user-friendly.
With the right software you will be able to:
- Display multi-media slideshows, videos and images
- Spotlight advertisements, sales and promotions
- Add local weather, news feeds and area traffic
- YouTube and Ustream videos and playlists
- Stream social media feeds like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Display custom scrolling text tickers
- Remotely monitor the digital kiosks content
- Make real-time updates to the digital kiosk content
- Run proof-of-play reports
What are the applications of a digital kiosk?
You can use digital kiosks to get your message out efficiently. Digital signage kiosks are used to notify, promote and advertise products. Popular ways and industries that you can use a digital kiosk for include:
- Digital directories
- Medical facilities
- Retail stores
- Amusement parks
- Corporate environments
What are the most common applications for a digital kiosk?
Interactive kiosks and digital signage have made it easier to engage and connect with viewers. The advantages to using a digital signage kiosk vary from market to market, but the technology can be customized to fit the needs of any business. Let’s take a look at the top three applications for digital signage kiosks:
Used in public areas informational kiosks are deployed to share on-demand information, customer service notifications, hours of operation, transportation options, weather alerts and event listings.
Freestanding digital signage kiosks for wayfinding are a great way to provide patrons with concise information. “You are here” maps can be added, directory listings tenants and other local area maps and be displayed.
Advertising & Promotions Kiosks
Kiosks are a great way to promote new sales, specials, advertisements and coupons. Also, you can increase brand recognition and loyalty by using digital signage kiosks.
What are the components of a commercial grade digital kiosk?
When looking to purchase a digital signage kiosk, it is important to look for the items below.
1. Metal Encasing
- Digital signage kiosks are made of sturdy, long-lasting alloy encasing
- This withstands public usage
2. Tempered Glass
- Impact resistant special glass that is exceptionally durable
- Tempered glass can easily be cleaned with Windex
3. Built-in Advanced Cooling System
- Prevents the digital kiosks from overheating and shutting off
4. S-PVA Technology
- Enables for smooth, sharp and clear viewing of digital kiosks content from any angle
5. LED Edge Lit or 4K
- For a vivid picture look for either 1080P HD LED Edge Lit or 4K digital signage kiosks
6. Commercial Usage
- Digital signage kiosks should be at minimum rated for 50,000 hours of use with 24/7
7. Integrated Media Player
- Look for all-in-one digital kiosks that include built-in media players
8. Auto On/Off
- Allows you to pre-schedule the digital kiosk to power on/off on its own automatically
9. UL Listed
- UL Listed (UL is an internationally acclaimed safety certification organization)
What is a Media Player?
A media player is a small form device that plays the digital kiosks content/media. Today’s most popular media players are Android, Windows and ChromeOS. Digital signage kiosks typically come with Android or Windows media players built-in. Benefits of a built-in digital kiosk media players include:
- The player is concealed from the public and secure
- Eliminates the need to purchase a 3rd part media player
- Connects to WiFi or hardline for wireless updates
- Digital signage software can be installed onto the player
What software should I use for digital signage kiosks?
If you are looking to manage and update your free-standing digital kiosks content remotely, you will need digital signage software. Using NoviSign’s all-in-one cloud-based digital signage software, you will be able to make edits to your digital kiosks content and wirelessly send updates to the digital signage kiosks. NoviSign’s software runs on Chrome OS, Android and Windows windows media players.
For only $20 a month NoviSign’s Digital Kiosk software includes all of the following features, apps and more:
- Online Design Studio: includes customizable templates, scheduling portal, remote monitoring and more!
- Detailed Scheduling: Schedule what will be displayed on the kiosk, as well as when it will be played
- Touch Screen Compatible: Create interactive kiosk content that allows for interactivity
- Apps: over 20+ drag-and-drop widgets for easy content creation
- Website Integrations
- Virtual Queue
- RSS Feeds
- Scrolling Tickers
- Web images
- Moreover, more!
We’re Ready To Assist You!!
Please contact us if you are looking for a turnkey digital kiosk. We work with several industries leading US-based digital kiosk manufactures that provide all-in-one kiosk solutions.
Pricing is affordable and the digital kiosks come with everything you need! Digital kiosk, integrated media player and the cloud-based software.