This user manual will guide you how to install the NoviSign digital signage player app on most of Android based Sony smart TVs (also called “SoC” – System on Chip), such as Bravia X80J (55″) and 43BZ35F (43″) models.
Sony TVs are Android based and hence will used our Android player app.
Sony TVs have Android TV user interface and hence they posses the Google Play store on them, but you can also install the APK using a USB stick. The better and easier way is from the Google Play store.
Setup the Android
- Before installing, first you need to setup some Android basic settings. You can use the TV remote control ,but to make it shorter, better connect a mouse and a keyboard (mini BT keyboard with touchpad is even better), then turn on the TV.
- Follow the on-screen step-by-step instructions, for choosing language, etc.
- Once you’re done, you’ll find yourself in the Android home screen.
- Enter the Android settings by clicking the gear icon in the remote control of the TV or by navigating to the gear icon in the top part of the TV.
- Navigate to the “System” menu , then “Date & Time” and manually choose the right timezone and make sure that the date and time are taken from the network.
- Under the “System” menu, find the “Power & Energy” submenu and turn off all options of screen screen, power saving and auto shut-off.
- Exit back to the Android TV home screen.
Installing from APK
- You might need to install an enhanced file explorer, in order to be able to access files from your USB port, when you connect a USB stick. If that is the case, install it like any app from the Google Play store.
- Afterwards, you’ll need to navigate to the USB stick and install the NoviSign APK (can be downloaded from here).
- Alternatively, if you have a browser app in your Sony TV or if you install a browser (i.e. Google Chrome) from the Google Play store, then you’ll be able to surf to our download website and download/install our APK.
- After installation, you’ll find the app icon under the Android settings (the gear icon on top) in a menu that holds all the installed apps.
Installing from Google Play store
- Search for “novisign” using the search option in the top part of the Android home screen. Once you find NoviSign, click it to install the app on your Android TV.
- Now the NoviSign app will have an icon in the top part of the Android TV UI where you can see it among other apps.
Configuring the app
- Enter the NoviSign app. Check the the “Start automatically…” checkbox and type the screen key of your screen (as it appears in your online Studio account) or login to your account (in the top right corner, you can log in to your Studio account, in order to be able to choose your screen, by clicking the magnifying glass icon, rather than just typing its screen key).
- Press “Go” to run your playlist. If it looks ok (after one cycle), access the app’s settings by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Change the “Display Notifications” settings (under the “Display” block of settings) to “off”. Click the “Back” button in the TV remote control in order to exit the settings and press “Go”.
How to create content?
If you like to learn how to create content for your digital signage sony TV, using our online Studio CMS, please visit our step-by-step user guide.
Quick reference for the app’s settings
To access the NoviSign APK settings, just start your player application and in the entrance screen (the orange screen), click the gear icon in top right corner of the screen. The Android app quick ref document is here.
- Sony TV displays
- Android digital signage on Sony SoC
- Installation manual of the Android player app
- Installation manual of the native Windows player app
- Installation manual of the Chrome OS player app
- Installation manual of the Philips Android SOC TV
- Installation manual of the Tizen (Samsung) player app
- Installation manual of the webOS (LG) player app