This user manual will guide you how to install the NoviSign digital signage player app on Android based Vestel digital signage displays (also called “SoC” – System on Chip).
Vestel displays are Android based and therefore can be used with our Android player app.
Setup the Android
- Before installing, first you need to setup some Android basic settings. You can use the display remote control ,but to make it easier for later, better connect a mouse and a keyboard (mini BT keyboard with touchpad is even better), then turn on the display.
- Follow the on-screen step-by-step instructions, for choosing all the display basic settings.
- Once you’re done, you might find yourself in the Android signage menu, the special launcher of Vestel.
- You might want to perform some basic settings for the TV. For that you just need to press the “Menu” button in the display remote control which will take you to the display’s settings, where you can enter each menu and set some basic settings, such as the “Date/Time” under the “System Settings” submenu. There you should manually choose the right timezone and make sure that the date and time are taken from the network.
- Under the “Picture” menu, disable all power saving mode and turn off all options of screen saver and auto shut-off.
- Enter the Android home screen by pressing the “Exit” button in the display remote control.
- Click the “Signage Settings” icon on the home screen (you can also get there by the display main menu as well).
- Please notice that in the signage settings you have a rich menu that includes “Scheduler Settings” in case you would like to program the TV to automatically turn on/off on certain days and times. You also have there the “Controls” menu in which you have several interesting settings such as the “OSD Orientation” for allowing you to play in portrait mode.
- Exit back to the Android signage home screen.
Installing from APK
- Download NoviSign’s ongoing APK from here and put it on a USB stick.
- Plug the USB stick to a USB port of the display and in the Android signage menu open the file explorer app.
- Afterwards, you’ll need to navigate to the USB stick (using the “File Manager” app which is under the “Applications” in the Android home screen) and install the NoviSign APK.
- Alternatively, if you have a browser app in your Vestel display, then you’ll be able to surf to our download website and download/install our APK.
- After installation, you’ll find the app icon under the Android signage screen.
- In case you wish to play content in portrait mode, click the “Signage Settings” in the Android menu, then “Controls” and “OSD Orientation”. Change the rotation as you wish.
Configuring the app
- Enter the NoviSign app. Check the the “Start automatically…” checkbox and type the screen key of your screen (as it appears in your online Studio account) or login to your account (in the top right corner, you can log in to your Studio account, in order to be able to choose your screen, by clicking the magnifying glass icon, rather than just typing its screen key).
- Press “Go” to run your playlist. If it looks ok (after one cycle), access the app’s settings by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Change the “Display Notifications” settings (under the “Display” block of settings) to “off”. Click the “Back” button in the display remote control in order to exit the settings and press “Go”.
How to create content?
If you like to learn how to create content for your Vestel digital signage display, using our online Studio CMS, please visit our step-by-step user guide.
Quick reference for the app’s settings
To access the NoviSign APK settings, just start your player application and in the entrance screen (the orange screen), click the gear icon in top right corner of the screen. The Android app quick ref document is here.
- Vestel TV displays
- Android digital signage on Vestel SoC
- Installation manual of the Android player app
- Installation manual of the native Windows player app
- Installation manual of the Chrome OS player app
- Installation manual of the Philips Android SOC TV
- Installation manual of the Sony Android SOC TV
- Installation manual of the Tizen (Samsung) player app
- Installation manual of the webOS (LG) player app