Before you start making your digital directory sit down and outline the top 5 five things that you want to be displayed on the digital directory. This could be a digital directory of tenant listings, scrolling news, weather, images, etc. Once you have your items listed, you can begin designing your digital directory.
To help you make the best digital directory we have outlined the top 6 best practice design tips for making a digital directory. These strategies will help you make a digital directory system that is easy to view, engaging, and effective.
1. Selecting the right screen size
The digital directory size screen all depends on the total number of tenants you have and wish to display on the screen. Use this chart to help determine what size display you will need for your digital directory:
- 32″: fits up-to 5 floors & up-to 25 tenants
- 43″: fits up-to 7 floors & up-to 40 tenants
- 48″: fits up-to 10 floors & up-to 60 tenants
- 55″: fits up-to 15 floors & up-to 80 tenants
- 65″: fits up-to 18 floors & up-to 100 tenants
2. Easy on the eyes
The digital directory must be easy to see from a few feet away. Make sure you select the proper size font and style. Simple fonts that are clean and simple to read are a good choice for highly visible digital directory systems. Font size 20-30 or larger are suggested.
3. A Good Layout
When designing your digital directory keep it simple. Make sure you have adequate spacing between things and the screen’s content does not look crowded. Make sure you use bold font, HD images, and select a theme of colors that complement each other.
4. High-Quality Images & Videos
If uploading images make sure, they are HD and preferably PNG format. This will ensure your imagery stands out on the digital directory.
5. Branding Requirements
The overall layout and style of the digital directory should match your branding requirements; font styles, colors, and logos should all be incorporated into the design. If you don’t have brand colors select an all-purpose color theme for a digital directory layout.
6. Digital Directory Listings
When adding your tenants to the digital directory, you must make sure that there is an organized format to the digital directory listing layout. Examples of this include display tenants by floor, alphabetically, or business categories.
Getting Started With A Digital Directory
Digital Directories can be easily set-up.
To set up a digital directory, you will need only two things:
To start, you will need to get your display connected to the web. If you have an Android TV merely connect it to WI-FI, then open the Google Play Store, search ‘NoviSign’ and download our digital signage app.
Once downloaded you can open up a free 30-day trial account of NoviSign here: /registration/
After creating the account, log-on and select the Compose button. From there you can create a template.
- Fool Proof Guide To Digital Directories and How You Can Use Them!
- 6 Industry Standard Digital Directory Design Tips and Best Practices
- 6 Reasons Why Building Lobbies are Upgrading to Digital Directory Systems
- A Complete Use-Case Guide To Digital Directories for Building Lobbies
- A Quick and Easy Guide to Digital Directory Systems