This technical document will list of most of NoviSign digital signage software features, including links to user guides, manuals and tech posts, and will be updated from time to time.
Last update: 07-December-2020
- Native Android player app for Android based devices (TV box, miniPC, streamer, dongle, tablet, Android TV/SoC and smartphone).
- Native Windows player app for Windows (7 or higher) based devices (desktop, laptop, miniPC and dongle).
- Chrome OS player app for Chrome OS based devices (Chromebox, Chromebit, Chromebase and Chromebook).
- (Adobe) Air player app for any platform which can run Adobe Air environment (like Macbook and old Windows).
Monitoring & Reports tool:
- Live monitoring of all the devices.
- History reports.
- Proof-of-play reports (necessary for advertisers) – to show you how many times a slide/commercial was playing on which screens and for how long in any filtered period.
- Ability to export the reports to CSV files.
- In the online Studio you can create your content, upload your media files (MP4, JPG, PNG, GIF) and documents (PDF, PPT, PPS, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX and more) and broadcast your playlists to all your devices out there.
- Cloud based (SaaS) – that means you can access it from your office, home or from your place of holiday.
- Creatives – you can create simple video or image creative (creatives are the building blocks of any playlist which you’ll broadcast to your devices) or a blended creative which is a creative in which you can add many cool and useful widgets by drag-and-drop.
- Drag-and-drop – the Creative Composer allows you to create composed creatives using drag-and-drop. We have an arsenal of widgets to be put in your creatives:
- Basic widgets: text, label, image, video, shape, slideshow, ticker (rolling text), RSS feed and MRSS (Media RSS).
- Advanced widgets: weather (including forecast!), clock (including custom format), webpage (with ability to auto scroll), web image (which can also be used dynamically), web video, FTP, countdown/up, embedded creative (nesting a creative within a creative), embedded HTML code, table, dashboard (pie and charts), calendar and ad widget (supports Adomni advertisement services, Vistar Media, etc.).
- Interactive widgets: smart queue and simple queue and smart entrance.
- Social widgets: Instagram, Twitter, Yammer, YouTube, Ustream and M3U8 streaming. With some of them you can build live social walls. Also, support for live TV (PIP – using HDMI-IN port).
- Sharing – you can share creatives and playlists between users. You can even create share only user – users which all they can do is just edit content that was shared with them from another user. Also, a user can share his account with other users (in edit or view mode) and you can also create a shared account to be shared by multiple users.
- Multi lingual – you can toggle the online Studio between over 10 different languages. Don’t you find your language there? Talk to us and we might add your language.
- Templates – dozens of available free creative templates for many verticals.
- Huge repository of free images and videos from Pixabay and images from Unsplash.
- Image Editor tool, which allows you to edit your image, before and after you upload them to your user account.
- Ability for custom dimensions – you can also create creatives with custom dimensions (which can run on special displays and video walls), except the 6 default ratios (16 x 9, 16 x 10, 4 x 3, 9 x 16, 10 x 16 and 3 x 4).
- Scheduling – you can schedule your creatives and playlists to run on certain days of the week, within time range or date range, you can set a creative to be expired on a certain date and time or any combination of those.
- Groups – you can group your screens for easier administration, in case some of them should play the same content.
- Configure devices – do you need to reconfigure a player app and you don’t want to go to the venue where the display is? You can send an app configuration to any of your devices, from your Studio account, without leaving your office.
- You can become a reseller of NoviSign and get better prices.
- White label – you can have your own white label online Studio, with your own logo (we also have all the player apps in a brandless version).
- Custom Studio – you can customize your Studio (default language, available languages, user profiles, the RSS and YouTube links, the initial media and the available templates).
- Console Management tool – you can create, edit and manage your own users. You can manage your licenses and allocate your quota of storage anyway you like among your users. You can also restrict any of your users from doing some basic actions in the Studio, by permissions. The Console Management is multi lingual.
- Self-registration – you can have your own self-registration page, where new people can self-register to your digital signage Studio.
- Advertisement system – you can create advertisement channels in which few users can act as “advertisers”, while other users can act as “consumers”. In this way, you can easily send content from the advertisers’ user accounts to any other user’s screens.
- Support for SSO (requires integration from both sides).
- Installation of a private server (for those who do not wish to be in a public cloud).
- Synchronized units – you can synchronize separate units, in order to form a video wall or other contents that needs to appear on the same time (like completing a sentence in multiple display TVs).
- Soft labels – we can take data from any database and present it, using the label widget, uniquely for any device (i.e. a bunch of TVs or tablets, that each one runs the same playlist, but shows different data for that device, like price, description, size, abilities). This feature requires small development in order to fetch the data from your FTP site.
- We can populate your media library, daily, with new files from your FTP server. This feature requires small development in order to fetch the data from your FTP site.
- Integrations – we have integrated with face recognition (audience measurement) camera software, so the attached camera can trigger the right slide/commercial to the right person; also, we did integrations with USB barcode reader, RFID reader (for reading passive RFID tags) and sensors (this is based over IoT – Internet of Things) that can trigger slides in your playlist, based on our special events engine. These integrations can come in handy in the retail area. We can integrate with other external devices. Also, see our integration with Bosch security camera for people counting in a store/venue. Using HTTP events, we can also fire an event one device from another device.
- Touch abilities – we have several touch abilities, such as paging to the previous/next slide in your playlist (on a touch TV, for instance), surfing in a webpage widget, triggering popup webform to be filled (on a tablet, for example). Some combinations may give you a “kiosk” effect. For better kiosk effect with offline availability, we also added a touch widget, which can trigger any slide in your playlist.
- 3rd party apps – we can integrate with 3rd party apps (such as way finding apps), so slides in our app can trigger another app and the other way around (by touching the screen or swiping your finger on the screen – each one can trigger different 3rd party app).
- Show case – we can use a showcase mode, in which the running playlist acts as a “screen saver” and once a person touches the screen, he can deal with the device. After few seconds of inactivity, the playlist will auto start running again. This is very useful for smartphone/tablet/laptop retail store.
- Multi displays – in some cases, we can run the app in multiple instances, as extended displays in Windows or using a Chromebox for displaying the same content to 2 different display TVs (one connected with HDMI and another with DisplayPort).
- Screen rotation – in all devices (while in Android, it can be done only if the device itself supports screen rotation).
- Ability to compile special edition of Android offline player app, in case of venues with no internet at all (in this case, the player app will be updated by disk-on-key dongle and not by the internet updates).
- Special type of users – we have other types of users, such as “share only” user, in which you can share elements from your creative with that user, s/he will be able to edit them (with permissions) and only them, without doing anything else in his/hers user account (such as letting the secretary to do only one thing: to edit the text in the rolling text widget on the company’s main display); an “audit” user is a user which any edit of him/hers is subjected to approval of up to 3 auditors (which do not need to have a NoviSign account; they dis/approve his creative by email).
- SSL encryption.